Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jem, Too.


When I do a piece for a group art show often I will rock 2-3 pieces at the same time, of the same subject matter, because I just assume that somewhere along the line I am going to screw up one of the pieces and have to destroy it or whatever. If that happens, I still have one or two other pieces going so it usually all works out. I chose my "Jem & the Schroom Holograms" piece to be in the Gag Me With a Toon show, so this Jem piece above didn't make the cut but there are still things in it that I like.

1 comment:

yourblindspot said...

Truly outrageous, yo. Loving these.

The show was kind of a punchline even back in the day, but I'm guessing that's 'cause, unlike your interpretation, eyeballin' the cartoon Jem never made me wanna chew her nipples like bubble gum.