Thursday, December 6, 2007

Rob Schrab's SCUD Returns!



Rob has been a friend of mine for over ten years. His indy comic book Scud had a huge impact on me and our fellow generation of underground comic book creators. Rob has been kicking much ass in Hollywood as of late, and he was even cool enough to get me my gig doing the mural and art for the Sarah Silverman Program at Comedy Central. He's the director of the show. Go Rob! So anyway, Scud makes his triumphant return to comics in Feb. This new four-issue mini-series marks the grand finale of the series, with all the unanswered questions that have plagued fans for years finally getting answered. I've seen the new stuff, and it's dope as hell, people. He let me draw the cover for the second installment, issue #22. Color by the insane man Jose Garibaldi (www.littlebrownheart.com). More on Rob at www.robschrab.com

5 comments:

Stephen Snow said...

Holy shit I had no idea!!! I can't wait to see scud finished.

I really dug the tales from the vending machine issue you did.

Food One said...

cool, thanks!

Phymns said...

SCUD was a major influence on me when I first started self publishing too. It must be so killer for you to contribute to it man. Cover looks awesome!

--ADAM T.

Unknown said...

your art is totally amazing!!I really love your style!Hope to find somethin' yours here in Italy.Peace

Jack Gray said...

Awesome cover Jim!!!! Wish I could have colored it. Working with Rob again has been a blast hasn't it?

If you get a chance check out my blog at
http://www.pickleddrawings.blogspot.com/

I have bookmarked your blog and will happily check it out every day!!!

Take care,

Jack